Tameside Pistol Club

A place to post a description, and details, of your club.
Front Sight
Tameside Pistol Club

Post by Front Sight » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:17 am

Tameside Pistol Club is in Mossley Greater Manchester and was founded back in the 70's when we were allowed pistols. We shot at a mill near Guide Bridge for many years until the venue was hijacked by another club so we decided to re-locate to a better environment. The website is www.tamesidepistol.club

Yesterday, Bank Holiday Monday, was one of our charity Bowling Pin Shoots and we raised £220 for ex-military personnel down on their luck. Pin Shoots are with either a .44Mag or .357 Mag underlever and you get six shots and five pins - against the clock. It is great fun. The comp was run in conjunction with Tameside Shooting Sports, a Heritage Pistol Centre and a club just a mile up the road from Tameside Pistol Club.

Yes, we have two gun clubs less than a mile apart in one village, greedy or what?

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Tameside Pistol Club

Post by zunmik » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Glad U enjoyed the pin shoots, I used to love them sadly age related issues forced to retire from shooting, however still plink a bit, miss all the comps especially pistol 10M & ft, Mike.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:35 am

Bowling Pin shoots are great. I remember shooting pins in New York some years back on a range but it was all pistols.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Front Sight

Post by Front Sight » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:19 am

Well, the club is closed now with this pandemic we are all enduring and I am wondering what people are doing as we cant go shooting? I have a garden I can shoot in but not every powder shooter has an airgun.