Rnd 5 score benchrest

A place to discuss new ideas, thoughts, and chat about existing competitions.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Rnd 5 score benchrest

Post by zunmik » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 pm

What a fabulous score by Aitchy that x-man pistol must be superb I have only seen pictures of them, :handgestures-thumbupright: With scores improving me-thinks I will have to start taking this comp seriously in future rather than a quick blat, and Phil you have got that model 10 tamed now well done mate :handgestures-thumbupright: M. 8-)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Rnd 5 score benchrest

Post by pmh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Aitchy has certainly made an excellent start, and will certainly give us a run for our money in the next round.

I am not too familiarly he is using, so hopefully he will post some pics and do a bit of a review.

I am slowly getting there with the Model 10. Getting the gun star away from the face as possible certainly increases consistency, but I am finding myself in a semi prone position, so will have to work on rest/target height.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:14 pm

As I shoot indoors in a corridor I use a 3'-6" high bookcase which I find a comfortable height for me no crouching or bad backs, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Aitchy

Post by Aitchy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:44 pm

What's happened? Any chance of another season? Have I missed something?

Chris

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Just giving everybody a rest. :mrgreen:

Now the lighter nights are here I'll get this going again.

Perhaps in the next could of weeks.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Aitchy

Post by Aitchy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 am

Thanks for the good news.

About the Skanaker, I'll post a photo when I can find someone young enough to show me how. It's a bit agricultural, quite heavy and very loud but ideal for CAPA benchrest rules. Perhaps not so good for what follows:

Is anyone familiar with 'Supported Air Pistol' shooting in Germany? It seems that the German Shooting Federation formally adopted this as a new discipline in Jan 2011. They shoot at 10m using a standard ISSF target. The base of the pistol grip is rested on a horizontal tube/bar of up to 50mm diameter and at least 100mm long. The hand must not touch the support. Otherwise it looks as if usual 10m rules apply regarding single hand,stance and equipment (with variations for anyone with a dissability). Apparently it's led to a big increase in the number of over 40s competing in target air pistol.

Any chance of relaxing the CAPA bench rest rules to allow a single point of support below the pistol grip as an alternative to support in front of the trigger guard? Just a thought.

Regards

Chris

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:46 am

I don't see why not. :D

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH