wishlists : pistols we are looking for or aspire to own

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
magicniner
Re: wishlists : pistols we are looking for or aspire to own

Post by magicniner » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:39 pm

The Crosman Model 88 Skanaker, Crosman 600, Crosman SAA, Drulov DU-10, FEG GPM 01/02, Schimel GP-22 and Daisy 179 were all on my wanted list, now I have more of my own projects than I have time for ;-)

- Nick
Fast, Cheap, Good.
Pick only 2 of the above.

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:20 am

I recently acquired a couple of nice pistols! A Crosman Skanakar and a Crosman 600, both are superb pisols but as they sparked a bit of an urge for a vintage Crosman collection I find i'm wanting a Crosman mk1 and mk2, maybe some of those cowboy type revolvers and maybe a .357 type!!

I almost completed a trade for the most beautiful Acvoke that I ever saw! The gun belonged to a chaps neighbour, it had been his fathers pistol but now the son wanted to swap it for a rifle that he could go out hunting with the chap that I was corresponding with!

He said he'd like a Lightning, I have two, both on walnut stocks,both have had very little use! The amo0unt of pellets that had gone down the barrels could be counted on one hand! he was fancying the trade then suddenly he wanted one gas ramming!!

Anyhow he was wanting me to trade for a gasram rifle so I could then trade that for his Acvoke, I got a little fed up with things changing all the time so I had to tell him i'd lost interest ;)

John :P

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi all the other pistol i would like to own is a FAS 606 Pistol as my original list was a FAS604 which i have now and in mint condition to. :dance:

kj68
Happy Shooting

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:05 am

I'd like a nice Acvoke and maybe a Warrior and a Giffard!!!

Shall have to win the lotto one day!! :D

John :P

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 pm

At the moment, I'd settle for a black (blue box) and chrome (red box) Harrington Gat from the 70s.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

ejackyou

Post by ejackyou » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:11 am

Have recently acquired a few on my wish list, but!
Still looking for a Crosman 600, and a Hy-Score Sporter, any old Webleys, and ..................
[email protected]

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:36 am

When I started collecting(?) I wrote a para that described my objectives. It was "This collection is directed at pistols that have a superior quality and/or unique design
along with guns primarily designed for 10 metre competition." Webleys excluding Juniors have formed the base of the collection. Have just managed to find an Acvoke and a Hy-Score but my list is still daunting!
Walther LP 53
FWB 65 and 103
ABAS Major
Airmatch CU600
FAS 604
Schimel GP22
Falke Model 33
Premier Webley A or B series (to replace a nice E)
any of the modern 10metre PCP's (currently using a biakal IZH46m which is a great gun but would love to try the more modern guns)

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Jeff,

I innocently thought that once I had good examples of all of the Webley models I would not need to carry on searching and chasing more classic air pistols.

WRONG ! Next came other early British spring air pistols, some contemporary with the Webley and some not.Finally, there remained four models that I coveted, but thought were out of the question due to their extreme rarity and consequent high prices. These four in order of rarity were:

Anson's Star.
Westley Richards Highest Possible 'Concentric' model.
A.G. Parker 'Crank Wound' pistol.
Cogswell & Harrison Certus.

Well, that would have been an end to it except I stumbled on a Star at my local gun dealer in good condition and for sale at a ridiculously low price.

Having snapped that up, I became obsessed with tracking down the other three pistols on the list. Eventually, I acquired the remaining pistols from various sources and unfortunately at more realistic prices, but this was at least offset by the bargain that started the whole thing off.

I have never bought any of my collection as an investment, but it's comforting to know that the likelihood is that they will probably appreciate in value rather than the reverse. An example of this is a boxed Tell 3 air pistol which was estimated at around £1,500 and recently sold at auction for a whopping £3,600 !

Regards

Brian

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:13 am

Hi Certus
The search is ongoing - last month I was given a Walther LP53 - well used but in very nice condition(complete with all the extras including the sales outlet data). The gun was owned by a distant relative who was a competition shooter and included in the box was a strange little device with a manufactures name "Central". It seems that it is a Rim Gauge which I understand was used to measure then depth of the rim on a 303 round so that rounds with similar rim depths could be batched to ensure consistent head space and more consistent mussel velocities. A nice little oddity! Currently have my eye on a Falke 33 and Walther LP2 but who knows.
Regards
Jeff