Foreign Guns !!

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Foreign Guns !!

Post by zunmik » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:18 pm

I'm a bit surprised at some views on the guns we use, guns which are non-European are often viewed as 2nd rate, ie Webley (wobbly) branded guns made in Turkey viewed as poor compared to UK made versions. Parts made today are produced on CNC machines, those machines will operate to the same tolerances immaterial to which country they are installed in !!. We have in the past had some poorly made Chinese airguns imported to the UK, but their prices matched their low quality. However guns like the Chinese Lion underlever with sliding breech was way ahead of many other manufacturers, generally much of what we buy in Europe is made in China including upmarket electronics. Many manufacturers of quality guns now have high percentage of gun parts made in China or the far eastern countries or Turkey, and sell it tongue in cheek as made in their country because they did the final assembly & packing.
It is also noticeable that the stand alone Chinese Guns have improved & evolved over time though they do still clone some of the quality european guns. Like it or not many of the Quality guns we buy increase to be badge engineered with many parts produced out side of the alleged country of manufacture.
This does not of course alter the superb design's that originate in the UK EU, & USA. MIKE. :?
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Foreign Guns !!

Post by zunmik » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Hmmm, seems like my attempts to start discussions Here & the pistol section have failed miserably, ok i give up. Mike.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.