posting pistols in UK

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
middaycowboy
posting pistols in UK

Post by middaycowboy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 pm

can someone tell me procedure for posting a pistol in the UK heard so many stories like being sent to Ireland and being confiscated, looking at selling 3 pistols, would like face to face but that will limit the buyers, to be honest if I was buying would like to see first anyway but that's me, cheers Tezz :think:
5~ air rifles, 8~ air pistols and 7~ Firearms

savantguarde

Re: posting pistols in UK

Post by savantguarde » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Technically I believe they aught to go parcel force? Parcelforce 48 has never given me any problems and its done by road so no it doesn't pass through an airport which I think reduces the risk of confiscation

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi just been looking at the same problem, having been told the post office no longer sends them as parcels. However I have a very good local post office and the owner went through a leaflet which is available at all post offices which explains what can and cannot be sent. It lists low powered air guns and gives classifications as a guide but they are postable; you have to state what is in the package as it will go through a scanner at some point and she said it is the parcels with descriptions that don't match the scanned contents that get pulled out and quarantined. I suggest you visit your local post office and have a word with them. Hope this helps.
Regards bellringer

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi Tezz I only send my pistols parcel force 48 after the experience I had. As long as you remember if its co2 pistol just make certain its not in the pistol as its classed as a loaded weapon and it will be seized. :)

kj68
Happy Shooting

Appinpar68
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Appinpar68 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Parcelforce Express 48 is the best way to send pistols - this goes by road and therefore not scanned for loading onto aircrafts - never had a problem sending pistols with this service and under Parcelforce terms and conditions they are obliged to carry air pistol/Riffles - Royal mail are not

I believe sending Special delivery can mean that the parcel can be flown and is likely to be scanned and if deemed suspect/prohibited is then be sent to Belfast for investigation/ destruction.

Both Parcelforce and Royal mail will not permit CO2 canisters to be carried, so if sending a Co2 pistol, best to remove the canister before posting

Appinpar68