BSA Pylarm Pellets in Aluminum Cylinder

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of collectable pellets and tins.
gab
Plinker
Plinker
BSA Pylarm Pellets in Aluminum Cylinder

Post by gab » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 am

Yesterday, while attending a Vancouver Island gun show I came across a BSA pellet tin that I had never seen before. The vendor was only asking $1 so naturally it had to come home with me. It is an aluminum cylinder containing about 100 traditional .177 diabolo style pellets. I assume this was a sample provided with the purchase of a BSA air gun. Does anyone know for certain? Also, what time period does it date from? I searched the internet and found a small number of photographs, but nothing about their history. Any information would be most grateful. Thanking all in advance.

red lion

Re: BSA Pylarm Pellets in Aluminum Cylinder

Post by red lion » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi Gab, just registered. I noticed your post about the cylinder of pylarm pellets, can't believe no one answered that one . Yes you are right they were samples started of in meteor rifle boxes thoughout the 1960's red .177 blue .22 .We all used e'm then discarded the tin or worse used it as a target. I think my dad had mine to keep small drill bits in. Wish I'd kept them as they are sort after by collectors myself included. You may be suprise to know the have recently reached £60.00 for a full can, the pylarm brand were actually eley wasp's.
Regards Alan.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: BSA Pylarm Pellets in Aluminum Cylinder

Post by pmh » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Excellent find.

It's a pity they keep up this tradition. Any free pellets are usually in a clip seal bag.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<