A special Original 75

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
RobinC
A special Original 75

Post by RobinC » Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am

I've tried on every other forum so here goes a try on this one!

I'm searching for a special Original 75 sold in the 1980 and we want it back for nostalgia sake. in '73 my wife got into the GB Air rifle squad using an Original 66, when the 75 came out Dykes arranged for her to have one of the first available.

As she is quite short I altered it quite extensively. The stock was shortened by approximately a couple of inches, the trigger, I made a longer alloy link to bring it back and in a good reach, the trigger guard was skeletonised to clear the rearward trigger. The early stocks did not have a raising cheek piece so I built it up with polystyrene covered with grey suede. The action was replaced once at Cardif when is seized at a British Championships and also at a German meeting so it may not be the correct version for the stock model.The stock by the time it was sold was covered with GB team stickers and international equipment control stickers.
It was sold in the 80's to a Norwich member when she changed to a Walther LGR, and it was later sold on again and we lost track of it. Although still shooting sucessfully at bus pass + with a Walther LG400 special in a LG300 Junior stock, she still has her LGR and for nostagia would like her 75 back but we can't find it! Its quite distinctive, any one seen it?
Best regards
Robin

pmh
Site Admin

Re: A special Original 75

Post by pmh » Tue May 14, 2013 6:02 pm

I hope this turns up, as it would be nice to get it back.

Good luck with the search, I am sure members will keep an eye out and ask around.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Still searching, otherwise I'll have to build a replica but would perfer the original one. Now added some picies so you can see how small it was against a standard one.

The tall youth later became a very senior Police officer and he's now retired, makes you feel really old, not just 14 year old policemen, but now they are retired!

Robin
Attachments
75.jpg
Pam 75.jpg

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:19 am

Just a post to get this back in your eye line, still looking and would love to get it back

Robin

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:39 pm

It must be out there somewhere.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

dessie