Original 6M pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Original 6M pistol

Post by zunmik » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

I had 2 of these for years, and foolishly sold one off so I have now bought another as part of my "windfall" pistols, my new pistol arrived today it shoots very well & I have adjusted the sights for 6yd pistol it also came with a set of spare grips for a "leftie" as well as std right hand ones so i'm well chuffed. My other 6M has now been set for Bell Target (poa = poi), the pic is of the one I had left,I will try to do a picture of the new one soon, atb M. 8-) :D

I have now done a quick picky of the new 6M added below, M :)

Last edited by zunmik on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Original 6M pistol

Post by pmh » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm

A very smart looking, and excellent, pistol.

I am sure it will give you long and prosperous shooting.

Don't let this one go!

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Planteater

Post by Planteater » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:35 pm

I have the "retro" plastic gripped Original 6 and I love it. I've often been tempted by the 6m but I read somewhere that there is a problem adjusting the sights. According the half-remembered blog post, the rear sight is the same as the plastic 6 and was intended to be used with the tunnel fore-sight - the 6m uses a post fore-sight that is supposedly too low to allow full adjustment.

From your description I assume this is not the case. I'd be interested to hear your take on this.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Planteater wrote:I have the "retro" plastic gripped Original 6 and I love it. I've often been tempted by the 6m but I read somewhere that there is a problem adjusting the sights. According the half-remembered blog post, the rear sight is the same as the plastic 6 and was intended to be used with the tunnel fore-sight - the 6m uses a post fore-sight that is supposedly too low to allow full adjustment.

From your description I assume this is not the case. I'd be interested to hear your take on this.
Well I have shot these pistols for many years and have never come across these issues, I have shot them @ 10mtrs & 6yds with no problems, and can only assume this individual had a sick pistol or was trying to shoot very long range?. I rate these pistols very highly and will continue to use them, atb, I've added a pic of my new 6m to the thread (plastic grips), M. :? :)

Planteater

Post by Planteater » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:01 pm

That's good to know. I couldn't really believe that Diana would turn out such a significant upgrade to the 6 and get the sights fundamentally wrong. Yet the explanation made a kind of sense.

The 6M is back on my Xmas list!

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks to Phil's help with the 6M manual, I've got the new 6M's trigger to my liking & plan to give its first outing in the CAPA benchrest comp,
atb, M. :D

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:47 pm

I didn't have much luck trying to adjust my trigger. On two occasions the gun completely locked up, so I left it the moment I got it operational.

Not to my liking, but it works!

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:12 pm

pmh wrote:I didn't have much luck trying to adjust my trigger. On two occasions the gun completely locked up, so I left it the moment I got it operational.

Not to my liking, but it works!

Kind regards,

Phil
Patience is a virtue :? , sadly I haven't got any I did mess it up once after that, and a few expletives it came just right as good as my other one now, M. :D

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 am

Unexpectedly I have bought yet another 6M pistol "great price & condition locally", so I now have 2 wood grip versions & 1 with plastic grips! :shock: , so I shall @ some stage offload the one with plastic grips (no hurry) the one with plastic grips has left & right hand grips, and is in a nice metal case. When I offload it I shall offer it for swap, one thing I lack now is a fun gun multi shot like a Colt 1911 (umarex) for instance we'll see i'll have a think about it, :think: , M. :)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 am

I am sure there a number of forum members who would be interested in this.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:52 pm

pmh wrote:I am sure there a number of forum members who would be interested in this.

Kind regards,

Phil
Yes you may be right?, i'll leave it a few days on this thread before I advertise it for swap in case any one on CAPA is interested, i'm looking for a multi shot "fun" pellet pistol, but not cp88's or smith's i'm not impressed with those two, M. :)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

zunmik wrote:Unexpectedly I have bought yet another 6M pistol "great price & condition locally", so I now have 2 wood grip versions & 1 with plastic grips! :shock: , so I shall @ some stage offload the one with plastic grips (no hurry) the one with plastic grips has left & right hand grips, and is in a nice metal case. When I offload it I shall offer it for swap, one thing I lack now is a fun gun multi shot like a Colt 1911 (umarex) for instance we'll see i'll have a think about it, :think: , M. :)
Just adding a link to the picture of my latest 6M which is the reason i'm going to swap the plastic gripped 6M with both left & right handed grips, M.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mickson33/ ... 5143661202

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 pm

zunmik wrote:
pmh wrote:I am sure there a number of forum members who would be interested in this.

Kind regards,

Phil
Yes you may be right?, i'll leave it a few days on this thread before I advertise it for swap in case any one on CAPA is interested, i'm looking for a multi shot "fun" pellet pistol, but not cp88's or smith's i'm not impressed with those two, M. :)
Been giving the fun pistol a bit of thought, and I would also consider a spring pistol such as a magnum 240, hw45, or other powerfull pistol as a fun gun for swap, deal, exchange, or w h y, M. :think: :? :)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 pm

I have always thought the HW45 to be over rated, and I do not enjoy shooting them.

The 240 is the rarer gun, and a better one to own, if one were available. A bit ugly, but a definite collectors item of future.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:21 pm

pmh wrote:I have always thought the HW45 to be over rated, and I do not enjoy shooting them.

The 240 is the rarer gun, and a better one to own, if one were available. A bit ugly, but a definite collectors item of future.

Kind regards,

Phil
Gad Sir, the BSA 240 Magnum "ugly" never, its a super designed pistol, punchy, accurate, and looks great unlike those "Wobbly" pistols!, made out of an old bit of bike frame with a barrel held on with a bit of bent nail ;) , yeah I think the 240's great basically I just want a fun gun, co2 or spring as I've got plenty of target pistols, i'll advertise more widely next week with fresh pics in its ali box with the extra grips for lefties, M. :lol: