Target holder with lighting!

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Target holder with lighting!

Post by Ian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 pm

This morning, I finally managed to get a few jobs done with the excellent steel target holder / pellet trap sent to me by Bob last month.

Initially I tried it with the thick foam supplied that sits behind the swinging plate - however, the original foam was too thick to allow the plate to move enough to absorb the energy of the pellets so there were a few rebounds. After thinning the foam down to about a 1/4 inch I found that it reduced noise a little and no rebounds - even with H&N lead BB's.

Next I tidied up my initial wiring job for the LED lighting. The block connectors and battery are fixed with strong double sided tape. The battery in this position does not interfere with the swinging plate.

Having internal lighting make this great bit of kit even better in my opinion.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Target holder with lighting!

Post by pmh » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Excellent job.

I tried my with the full thickness of foam, and didn't get any rebounds.

An alternative is to get the A4 sticky backed foam sheets from the cat so, and stick one to the back of the plate.

The adjustable hood is also useful, as it can be moved to remove any shadows. I did this yesterday when shooting my MPL.

These are certainly the best and most flexible target holders I have come across.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Big Steve

Post by Big Steve » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi Ian, nice job, have you used a single LED lamp or several lamps in parallel? I assume 9v in total as you have used a PP3 battery, or am I completely wrong.
Baikal MP654K Gen1 Oupeaat, Gen2 Grom, Gen3 Thor, Gen4 Demimak & Gen5 Tatiana
Makarov Pistol Association http://makarovpistol.myfineforum.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Big Steve wrote:Hi Ian, nice job, have you used a single LED lamp or several lamps in parallel? I assume 9v in total as you have used a PP3 battery, or am I completely wrong.
Its an LED strip that can be cut to length - Graham or Phil will be able to explain better better than me!

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Big Steve wrote:Hi Ian, nice job, have you used a single LED lamp or several lamps in parallel? I assume 9v in total as you have used a PP3 battery, or am I completely wrong.
Here you go Steve: http://www.classicapa.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:36 am

And furthermore........

This is my setup at home, I can easily get four targets in my target box and the backstop is a sheet of heavy lead bolted to a sprung plate so very quiet, I really don't have neighbours to annoy but the misus has ultrasonic hearing so if she can hear my playing for too long she usually comes up with something really interesting that needs my immediate attention :D

The whole box is illuminated with LED lighting powered from a transformer inside the shed, it also swings completely back behind the shed so there is absolutely no evidence of me misbehaving :shifty:
Attachments
range-02.JPG
range-01.JPG
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/